Sunday, March 28, 2010

Not Just a Hot-Oil Treatment

Coming from the harsh winter weather, some ultimate hair repair is definitely needed! I don't know if any of you notice, but sometimes the transition from winter to spring/summer can make your scalp a bit dry and even flaky. The texture of your hair may be rough or brittle. It's basically telling you....I need HELP. Not to worry, I have found help. Here are a few of my favorite products to restore the moisture not only in my hair, but also in my scalp.

I know that not everyone has time or perhaps patience to do a hot-oil treatment. So, I have the next best thing which is ELC Esuchen Pure Olive Shampoo and Conditioner. This is honestly the best duo I have come across thus far since it too acts as a conditioning agent on the scalp without having to take an extra step in my daily regime. The products lock in moisture from the olive oil and you can immediately feel them nourishing and thickening your hair. I have used Paul Mitchell, Matrix, Head & Shoulders, Nioxin, etc. and I have not felt as much moisture as I felt with ELC products. Also, they don't leave your hair oily. This shampoo and conditioner are perfect for those like me who are constantly under the influence of a hair dryer, flat iron and curly iron.



Like I mentioned, my hair is always under the heat. So, in order to protect my hair and keep it from being damaged, I apply the Garnier Fructis anti-frizz serum Sleek and Shine before I flat iron my hair. Flat ironing will basically suck all of the moisture out of your hair and can make it brittle which can cause split ends. Putting on this product will prevent that and keep the hair nice and healthy.



This next product, G2B Smooth Operator, is what I apply after flat ironing my hair. It locks in the moisture from the Garnier Fructis serum and smooths all the fly-aways leaving the hair looking silky and shiny.



If sleek and straight is not your thing and big and sexy is, try this root booster Catwalk from TIGI. Spray it on damp hair only along the roots, work it into your scalp with your fingers and then blow dry with a round brush. For some extra volume, you may want to tease the roots and use hair spray after to support the hold. This product is great for both fine and coarse hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment