Friday, February 26, 2010

Color Me Bad

Ok so you know how you have that one or two shades of lip stick/lip gloss that aren't quite the colors you expected them to look like? The ones that you bought in a hurry, never tried on and imagined that they would perfectly compliment the blush or eye shadow you just bought?! Low and behold you excitedly try that shade on and come to realize....not so perfect. Not to mention, you can't find your receipt.

Well, I happened to have 2 completely different shades that weren't what I expected. The first is L'oreal's Endless Lip Colour in In the Buff. I was in search for something neutral like a peachy mocha color and thought judging by what it looked like, this was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, once I put it on, I ended up sporting the recently embalmed look with a pale beigey mauve color! It completely washed me out and immediately looked to my other lip sticks and glosses to blend it with. I decided to layer on top Mac's Lustre Lip Stick in Honey Flower which is a honey brown and finished it off with a soft baby pink lip gloss from Chanel in 119. The end result is a pretty pinky mocha color and the combination is neutral enough to go with the rest of your makeup, but still has enough color to bring to the face.



L'Oreal, In the Buff

Mac, Honey Flower

Chanel, 119

The second shade is Mac's Cream Sheen in Hang Up and has a much more intense color like a deep berry. Don't get me wrong, I love dark shades and even own a few burgundys and reds, but there was something about this that just didn't work for me by itself. So I paired it with Chanel's lipgloss color,109, which is a sheer coral orangey shade. The lip gloss on top gives a softer look and brings out a sexier pout perfect for a girl's night out or a hot date!



Mac, Hang Up

Chanel, 109

No comments:

Post a Comment