Thursday, February 25, 2010

And the Beat Goes On

Some days like today, I like to tune out Starbucks' music and listen to my own or in this case, music I've just stumbled upon on myspace while doing some work. I'm an avid music fan and listen to almost everything from indie, pop-rock to hip hop and even a little bit of country. I like myself a little bit of Martina McBride in the mix of Safety Suit and Alicia Keys now and then. Anyway, this first band I came upon, Love Automatic mixes techno, house and pop-rock all together. Yes, you heard right..."guido" music with pop-rock. This combination was definitely a very interesting and pleasant surprise. I haven't heard anything like their sound before. You can check them out at www.myspace.com/loveautomatic. The second band, also from New Jersey, was Streets of Fire, which was actually on Love Automatic's friend's list (http://www.myspace.com/streetsoffiremusic). They have a more contemporary sound that mixes alternative, indie and rock together. They kinda remind me of early 90's rock bands. I found that both have really catchy lyrics and melodies in different ways. I think I have just become a huge fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment